The week started with me putting preparing and putting together the MyFiveThings notebooks, which meant printing, folding, binding, and cutting 340 pages, for 20 books (which gives me two spares, just in case anything goes wrong). With those made, now all I have to do is print the risographed thank you cards, and then send them out into the world!
I also spent this week making and sending some early releases out to a few people. Some of this was to generate content and images which I hope to use in the campaign, some to get feedback before all the finals are made, and also to test shipping the boxes, as this is something that I’m a little worried about in terms of the boxes arriving in a good state. This also includes looking at Pirate Ship, to learn how to use it and see how it can help me ship items out.
Along side this, I am also developing the instructions for the boxes which are close to being done, and trying to make the construction process super easy and tight, by testing out ideas like employing colored stickers to help identify which sides are supposed to connect.
All of this, and the success of the campaign so far has meant that I have stopped pushing so hard on instagram—which I’m not sure is the best thing to do—but I am going to ramp it back up somewhat, heading into the last week of the campaign.
Finally, I’ve also been working on my hypotheses for the project, which I have found somewhat difficult because I think I had already made some assumptions creating the project, and trying to reverse engineer them is somewhat confusing and difficult.