Welp, this was a big week. The quickstarter was ticking along nicely, but I was having to work it pretty hard (promotion, outreach and social media), and I felt that it would reach its (under break even goal) of $350. And then, all of a suddent, out of nowhere I started to see a bunch of pledges.
I was lucky enough to make it on to a newsletter from Kickstarter and that really helped with visibility—bringing in pledges from Europe as well as the US. Now, the project is currently over 200% funded and I’m super-duper excited to get cracking on it. The huge influx of support means I can spend a little less time advertising and a little more time on what happens next, which is the big shift for me at this point.
I’m going to continue development on a couple of the boxes that need final bits of refinement, work on some instructions, but then, overall look to how to construct something which can meet all criteria as the “superbox”. As far as criteria, these are some that I have set myself, but more might come from the community as the development continues. The criteria are: minimal extra pieces (less-to-no plastic rivets), easily shippable, stong, manufacturable in quantity.